View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 05:45 PM   #17
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
This doesn't fall into the category of online games, but me and my friends had a D&D-type game of our own making going on which was based on the "Master of Orion" game universe.  I played as an Ithkul (MoO3) for a while and it was a very enjoyable experience.  

You see, Ithkul are parasites that need to latch onto another being to survive, and the way we did it was that whatever I latched onto I could automatically use the skills that the specific race had, of course it would have to be killed first.  The downside was that you would use up all the nutrients of the body after a week or so and you'd have to find another host, which may or may not be beneficial.  The good news was, I never needed to buy food!

The Ithkul are despised by all races, however, and therefore I myself could never go into town and had to rely on my friends' characters to go in and buy weapons and such.  And also, when I wasn't attached to something I was extremely vulnerable to physical force and could be killed with so much as the punch from an eight-year-old, so if I couldn't find a dead thing (that dead thing part was not in MoO, but it was a necessary thing to add in to balance out the races) to attach to and we got attacked I would have to stay out of the fight until something was killed.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote