View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #23
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Mudconnect.com has closed their Discussion Forum

I can tell you why. No posts. I would post with roleplay events on Ateraan periodically but I never saw anything substantial or important very often, maybe once a month since it went to discord. Couple of reasons why I think this happened:

1) You had to have approval for every post. That was insane waiting for days for a post to be approved so I'm guessing most people said "Screw this".

2) I asked for authorization for an entire year to post without approval like all the moderators and some others had. Never happened. Again another reason why I'm guessing a lot of people who would post dropped off.

3) Without posts and interaction you get lack of visitors.

4) The Discord forum system and connection to TMC really sucked compared to the old TMC forums. I couldn't figure out how to get there half the time and when informing the player base they responded with answers 1 to 3 above.

It is very sad because I loved TMC and its whole setup as a 2nd location with TMS. The two best locations for MUD information on the net.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote