View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 11:27 PM   #1
Klered

Klered is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Like any good implementor, I frequently try to recruite staffers from area websites and message boards. This raises an important question!

Is there anything more you can do?

Well let me elaborate on a similiar situation some of you may or may not be experiencing. Recently, our site has had many modifications. Throughout the last 2.5 years, I have spent much more time at the console administrating, and running the world similiar to how one would manage any large detail oriented project. We pay attention to the large tasks, and prioritizing our time,(my time) and I expel lots of energy trying to impress the builders and players. Why?

Well philosophically speaking, a gamer spends time at the game. Since this admininstrator has always been a gamer at heart, I find it very easy to sit at the console, for endless hours, staring at a text page constantly typing, 'who' and 'score' and 'last player' between tasking. I love this game.

I digress. I am waiting for the exponential player base growth a good game deserves, and expecting for that, I have been on the hunt for a good staff. I have had my potentials (read as newly hired, not yet desired) and my one night stands, as well as the few and far between qualified personel that make it a month or two.

So let me repose my question! How do you keep a talented staff active, and an active staff happy!

Now I throw this out to you, the reader, for your insights into what I will coin as the 'Mudhole Mystery'!

KL
Klered is offline   Reply With Quote