View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
Malifax

Malifax is on a distinguished road
I personally hate restrictions on character conflict beyond in-game "laws," pressures and consequences, other than a requirement that mortal conflict result from role-play. No psychopaths or serial killers. No killing for killing's sake. And while it's true that people can come up with IC justification at the drop of a hat, it's not hard to tell role-play from excuse. To me, IC consequences hurt a heck of a lot more than lectures and suspensions, or even bans. I like the mercenary solution, either powerful PCs or GM-played bounty hunters laying the smack down on murderers and naking everything they have. Et cetera. Let them leave of their own accord if they can't handle the repercussions of what they've done. My policy goes something like:

Pick on whomever ya want. Bully whomever ya want. But don't whine when what goes around comes back around about a hundred times. If you don't want a badass to smack you down, don't mouth off. If someone you can't handle is insulting you and trying to draw you into a scrum, don't let him. Walk away and hire someone to kick his ass. Above all, keep it IC. Anyone who runs around killing just because he can will be dealt with severely.
Malifax is offline   Reply With Quote