View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #66
Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

If we're seeking a suitable source to prove notarity for the game, can we use this thread? Recent history and activity (all logically preserved in web-accessable media I might add) has shown that this is such a big deal that not only have users belonging to this site found it pertainant to participate, but a number of authorities on Wikipedia have also blessed the subject as important enough (i.e. notable) to personally take time out of their important schedules to decend upon us and show us the way to prudence.

And if that's not enough, and thus those individuals from wikipedia along with the rest of us are thus not really important at all, then perhaps this would be an acceptable alternative: a fullly documented entry with valid *first hand* references to the historical event surounding the deletion of the Threshold Wikipedia entry, which obviously would need some link or reference to--not to mention background information on--Threshold itself in order to make sure the reader fully understands the situation and circumstances. It might be required to provide the original and modified entries of Threshold's entry to help further fully explain the situation. I think the only wrinkle to this would be finding an independant non-baised source to create and maintain the entry... no one here qualifies, and certainly no one on wikipedia for the same reasons.
We can then link this entry as an antithesis to the ones concerning the wikipedia/Colbert scandle, as well as wikipedia/Ryan Jordan, as a good example of when wikipedia stands in the justified light.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote