View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Odd Raven

Home MUD: Arantha
Odd Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Odd Raven
Re: Opinions: Clients?

Thank you, Kavir! That's the sort of feel I was trying to look out for. I was introduced to MUDs via just such a client and eventually traded up to Zmud and MUSHClient. We want to expand our playerbase, so it's important for us to offer players new to mudding (and veterans to the concept) an easier way to check out the game without getting stressed out with too many technical aspects.

I agree on the graphics--when you're adjusting to the idea of a text-based game, it helps to have some of the things you're at least used to from other types of games.

[EDIT: I just followed the link you offered--that looks way past cool. Definitely going to look into that and will hopefully talk to you more about it soon!]

As always, good feedback. I, personally, have a phone that is rarely capable of calling people and being a calculator, let alone mudding, but I do understand that smartphones are all the rage these days and we do need to cater to that portion of the playerbase. I know we're compatible with certain clients for phones now, but I need to inspect it a little more. Thanks!

Last edited by Odd Raven : 12-27-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Expressing delight in Kavir's brain
Odd Raven is offline   Reply With Quote