Thread: possession
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 12:14 AM   #13
AlazlamBL

AlazlamBL is on a distinguished road
I was just reading what people have been suggesting, and thought of something that no one here mentioned. I know it's not really possession, but how about more of haunting with ghosts?

I mean people have said that some would abuse the system and possess their killer and make them die. But, in a true RP enviroment, the murdered were killed for a reason. In addition, the character would most likely want justice done IC. The person would want to do something.

Now, with sever limitations on what they could do, ghosts could be allowed to possess someone. Not get complete control of the character, but maybe be able to control a person's hand for a second, or say something from that person's mouth. Make the odds very low, and make what the ghost could do through a host very limited. Maybe also, a ghost might be able to appear to people. A friend or family member, and try to reveal some details about their death. They could show images, or appear themselves for brief moments. Maybe they could move objects, give someone cold chills, make something "feel" their presence, cause a wind to blow out candles indoors. Personally, I believe that this would add a ton of richness to a world in which a true RP enviroment exists. Also, don't make everyone a ghost. Have some system where it depends on how the person was killed and what the person was like to determine if the person becomes a ghost or not. This could be done through code, or immortals could review the death and decide if the death warrents ghost status.

Well, these are just my thoughts on the issue. I honestly hope that someone puts an idea like this into use. I'd love to play a mud like that. (If anyone ever does, please send me an e-mail, you'd have a very interested player guaranteed.)
AlazlamBL is offline   Reply With Quote