View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
I hate doing a project, getting done, and having to do it again, or have someone else start mucking with it because it doesn't conform to what they expected or what they would have done had they done it themselves.

Therefore I want a lot of guidance at the beginning and positive feedback at the end. I want to be set up to succeed.

Step 1) I want to have samples of my work looked at before I come on board, so it's a given that my abilities and style are a good match for what the project requires.

Step 2) I want to know exactly what it needed, what to do, how to do it, and how much time I have to get it done. I want to have a discussion, shoot ideas back and forth, make sure we're all on the same page.

Step 3) When I turn in my work, unless I went crazy and completely forgot what we agreed on the only changes I want to hear or see done are technical editing, like wayward commas and tense agreement.

The most frustrating experience I had as a builder was working with someone who found rewriting other people's work more fun than starting from scratch, and someone who while they liked and appreciated my work, had very specific expectations they weren't communicating.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote