View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road
Re: Is this crap in your mud too ?

Hmms. Two things

1. Every MUD has people who stir trouble, then receive more than they give and then request administrative help to sort out the consequences of what they had created. I don't deny DE has had similar people in the past where we had (personally and unofficially) just wished the complainant went away (although he may be the one technically right when lodging a complaint). I do not know if this is the case here, but it looks that way to me (especially with the truncated log).
2. In most cases, this argument tends to be better moderated with this sort of rabid bitching not being on OPEN channels. Thats where staff intervention comes in to avoid mention of rape, bestiality and all those wonderful things off channels. Again, however, it could be one of those moments when there is no staff on (I have no clue who these guys in the log are) or what policies the MUD in question follows on open channels. In DE, both parties would have been silenced until they stopped spamming the open channels with crap. As someone said, its so much nicer to play in an environment where people act as adults.
3. I agree with Threshold. I boggle at the thought of Tsunami acknowledging themselves as the MUD in question. However, SURELY this isn't advertising. I mean... who needs advertising like THIS?

Ok. So these are THREE things.
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote