View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 PM   #41
rhakshai

rhakshai is on a distinguished road
I'm not entirely sure of all the details because my char is not an Arcanist. But from what people I've said, there was at least one prior action of attacking about 7 different people's loyal pets (on Achaea this is considered the same as attacking the pet owner and if unjustified, is an illegal pk action). Most guilds have rules forbidding novices and probates to engage in pk- the idea is that they should be staying out of trouble and learning about the world and the guild before going around killing people. Also most guilds do not appreciate it when a member breaks the pk rules, as this makes the whole guild look bad and conflicts with the noble ideals of a lot of guilds.

The last incident Kimberly was involved in (again, after several prior problems) was she claimed someone engaged in an unprovoked attack on her. She wanted to either issue (an ooc appeal to the administration to enforce the pk rules, which is supposed to be a last resort) or hire an assassin to teach the person a lesson (I'm not sure which it was). From what I understand, the Arcanists discourage both issuing and vengeance. Also the guild rules probably forbid pk, as i've already outlined. The secretary in question talked to Kimberly, but she insisted that vengeance was her right, and at that point the conversation basically became a rant by Kimberly (I believe the secretary described it as a temper tantrum).

Also as an fyi, so you don't think it's blatantly unfair to not allow Kimberly her vengeance- guilds typically do not ignore such problems, they simply prefer to deal with the issue instead of having novices and probates running around looking for revenge. I don't know how the Arcanists handle it, but most guilds reallydon't like novice-killers. They will guild enemy the offender, or go after him themselves, or go to his guild and try to get him disciplined there. Or all three. This is usually a better solution than the novice can manage on his own, and it's always much better than issuing (the administration discourages issuing unless there is no in-character way to resolve the problem).
rhakshai is offline   Reply With Quote