View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #8
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Voting period change - opinions requested.

I have always thought this was a good suggestion. Also, I personally think 1 vote per day (or 23 hours) is better than this weird 12 hour thing.

As for the weekly/monthly thing: I think ultimately it won't make any difference as far as the results of the voting. But to compare them:

Weekly will probably result in more raw traffic (frantic voting after each reset), but a lot more "bad traffic" of people just voting rapidly and bailing. Traffic in general is good, but it might not be the best kind of traffic. I also think weekly pretty much sets in stone the voting results since every mud will have the same "reset surge" and there isn't much time for people to overcome that.

Monthly might result in a little less traffic, but a higher percentage of meaningful traffic. It also has the advantage of letting muds lower in the ranks set goals and work towards them ("Hey folks, lets see if we can move up 2 spots this week. We only need X Votes.")

Whichever way you go, it would be nice to have resets on a set day (every Sunday, or the 1st of every month, or whatever) instead of the slightly less predictible resets that exist now.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote