View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #14
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I played a game where the screen scroll was crazy whenever a group went to hunt, or there was an invasion in town. And I had a trigger-set just for the purpose. So, when I wasn't hunting, and there was no invasion, I'd have my personal default scheme: Navy blue on extremely pale grey, with no highlights. The trigger-set was toggleable and would automatically set "you" "your" "dead" "skins" and the names of the "good guys" highlighted in a custom fuscia-ish shade.

Once I started playing RPIs though I found it unneccessary, because combat was slower, even during invasions, and I was actually able to keep up and my brain was capable of filtering out the excess and bringing my attention to the same words, without the highlights.

If I ever get back to a non RPI, or if the game I'm building for (not head builder this time, just a grunt) opens and I need to keep close track of game play, I'll probably rewrite my trigger-set. But til then, I'm digging my deep charcoal text on linen-ivory just fine.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote