View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #588
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Re: The Non-Cold Non-Hard Non-Facts

1) The 4/5 box system differentiates between the prototypical MUD-that-refuses-donations and the MUD-that-only-sells-T-shirts, of course. It merely differentiates between those MUDs that do accept money, and as KAVir and others have shown on multiple occasions, it has done so unambiguously for every MUD brought up. No one has provided a counterexample to the clarity of the system, you included.

2) It's relatively easy to find dozens of "I'm looking for a MUD" threads where a player asks for "no in-game perks", including the most recent one. (It's also possible to find players who are OK with pay-for-perks games. My point is about what players explicitly care about.) I wasn't able to locate any threads where a player explicitly ruled out things like an attached CafePress store, however. Given that the search utility is meant to allow players to automate the "I'm looking for a MUD" thread where practical, how do you explain the gap between your prediction (players only care about whether money changes hands) and the empirical data of what players ask for?

3) Any answer to my DragonRealmsPremium vs. Armageddon vs. NewWorlds question above? () Briefly, if you had to lump them into two categories based on financial models, the way a searching player would, what division makes sense to you?
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote