View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 05:29 PM   #10
Maggie

Maggie is on a distinguished road
I think the staff is really in a no-win situation when it comes to this type of thing.  There are some players who won't get involved in anything unless they know it's `a real scenario', and others who feel that any attempt to get them involved in some small way is a 'scripting check.'

I usually tend to stay away from official RP events; I guess I'm better at soap operas than feature films. When I played ERCs in the past, it always bothered me that so many people would whisper to ask me if I was a `real character' before they decided how they wanted to respond.  My response was often that I had been told I was quite a character before, or I would basically just ignore the question.

I don't think that favorite players are chosen for RP events because they are `favorites,' I think it's more that the staff wants to get someone involved that they know will carry through. Often a less known person starts out with the ball, but rather than running with it, passes it to the star. The only time I really have a problem with that is if the stars in most events are alternate characters of staff members because they want to make sure things go as planned.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote