View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 12:20 AM   #7
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Woah, I didn't even know this thred was still alive, or that X had posted anything more about the mud.

First I'll start by stating, I really don't care if you like Darksun or not, it's going to be based off the theme and is going to include a lot of the documentation from Darksun, especially from athas.org. That being said, a lot of original idea's are going into the mud, because I have a lot of creative and great people helping out with it.

Creative people like to create things, and that's all we're doing right now, I don't even care if the mud ever opens, that's really not my aim with it, though if it ever did open and gain a large playerbase as an RPI mud I think that'd be awesome. The goal is to satiate the creative minds of so many text-based mudders out there, it is not unlike writing, and a lot of people love to write.

The story is going to be really interesting, I even have a timeline written up to start the game in the middle of a war between two rivaling city-states, and slowly bring in the other city-states as things progress, it will be more of a war and battle-based mud rather then having crafting and ****loads of clans that can't really be supported sometimes.

My main drive for building the mud is simply my own thirsty mind needing to be quenched with creativity, I love building, I love learning code and being in the shell and simply running the mud and having others on to build on it and expand the world, I've only had it back up since January and we have around 6,000 rooms already and they are unique rooms and area's that are going to blow players away when they see them and read them I really hope they feel like they are in the middle of some great novel or story, (a lot like you can feel sometimes on Armageddon with a character).

One thing I really want to drive for are more important PCs, allowing PCs within years of IC time put into a character to rise up to General in an Army, or if starting out as a Templar character to be able to actually make it to High Templar, because the Sorcerer-Kings are going to be played by the staff regularly to keep everything running constantly such as war, strife, politics in the Bureau of Templars, etc.

Anyways, I could keep typing forever but I won't, that's just a brief update on the mud seeing as how this thread has somehow rekindled.

Hope to see you in Athas someday.

-D
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote