Old 03-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: RP Enforced or RP Mandatory MUDS

RP Enforced for me means the following:

1) In character at all times. That means no exceptions for communication between players that occur within game such as tells or private channels. It also means that there are no OOC designation tags for players to use while interacting within the game. For example, none of this:

You tell Bubba: OOC Hold on a second, I gotta go pee.

2) Administrators have created rules to govern the roleplay of the world. The guidelines are set, and they are heavily enforced. For example, the game lore states that church of light and church of dark (generalizing) are deadly enemies. Two players decide to ignore this because their characters are "in love". Other characters involved vehemently oppose this union and roleplaying ensues. The two players ignore these other characters and blissfully keep mudboinking. It becomes obvious that this isn't an RP plot and that the characters are together for OOC reasons. Admin steps in and resolve this issue either IC or OOC. In other words, your environment is enforced in addition to having the rules.

RP mandatory to me means that the admins want you to roleplay, but they make exceptions and allow things like OOC tags and such. The game is meant to foster RP, but it's not enforced by the playerbase or the administrators.

No clue if I have the right interpretations or not.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote