View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM: not-so-stressful RPI

Maybe this could have been discussed in that thread?

There are quite a few different games I've played, but I usually don't publicly post names so as to not attract their attention. I'm after games where people don't [almost literally] go into conniptions because someone posed or said something out of turn.

I've tried both games already and posted about their problems here a while back.

I hated Threshold's food==health system and could never get the hang of it. Who imagines knights stopping mid-duel to bite into an apple anyway? I remember adding an extra dimension to role play by having my character question this and all I got were puzzled stares and later a stern talking-to about not taking guild advancement seriously. Also much of the "deep" religion role play involved bickering over who smashed what idol.

I remember so little of Ateraan, aside from picking corn as a slave (which was soooo slow because apparently players are people who will cheat if they can), and the slave owner's auto-bow emote trigger, and the newbie helper telling me that the slavery system was an unfixable monster. Also there was the chorus of nod emotes while some person was giving a long-winded speech on the occasion of being promoted in her guild.

What I mean is that I don't want to have to role play with an NPC who is an autocrat in the heroes' kingdom, and the immortal playing as the NPC gives the NPC a smart mouth and insults the heroes repeatedly just so that one of them will say something back, giving the NPC an excuse to kill or imprison the hero. This happens a lot in the game I'm currently playing.

I mean ongoing challenges in the sense of frequent immortal-run events or long-lasting trouble. The game I'm currently playing has the last of civilization hiding inside of a magical shield while the rest of the world is ruled by undead. If you speak of exploration, you probably mean that there are static dungeons with mobs that have to be found, and people need to form parties with tanks, debuffers, and DPS.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote