View Single Post
Old 09-01-2002, 09:38 PM   #5
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
I think you sort of missed my point. I was saying that the more you know about the MU* community the better Immortal you will be. Each game is somewhat unique, and all have their good and bad points.

People with a wide range of experience are better prepared to create things that will work. You should not visit a bunch of places that you are not interested in, but perhaps seeing a few more in the style you do like would provide some benefits.

For example if you are looking at doing a serious RP game then you might want to visit a few MUSH games. They may not be what you want to create, but they are THE place for RP and they know what it takes to do it well.

Without a good grounding in what has been done you are doomed to repeat mistakes and your game will suffer for it. Everyone has the right to learn the hard way, but it does not have to be that way.

A multiplayer online MU* is a complex beast, nobody knows it all and we all make mistakes. Good Admin are those people who do whatever they can to avoid problems and to make sure that their players have a enjoyable time. To anyone that wants to make a good game, put your ego aside, realize there is a lot to learn and do your best to take in all the resources that are available.

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote