View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 01:23 PM   #12
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
If flamewars or back-and-forth accusations are what bother people, I have no problem with forum moderators removing or editing posts of that kind. Otherwise, take a look at the top seven posts at the time of this writing:

- There's too many threads about reviews.
- A commercial game needs builders.
- A new game needs builders.
- How to handle players who want to roleplay sexually explicit material, including rape.
- A new game needs "real" coders.
- A guy without much experience wants to code somewhere.
- A new game needs builders.

Now, I'm on the staff of a MUD and I enjoy my current responsibilities. I spend time being a "real" coder and a "real" builder, etc. So that leaves me with 1.5 out of 7 threads that I would want to read. (#4, and I'm interested in #1 but I don't think it's a very important concern. Excuse the self-referential post.)

I don't think this position would be uncommon- most of the people here are staff and players who want to talk about MUDs. A smaller number are "job hunting", and those who are know that they can go directly to a board dedicated to it. Casual browsers, however, would probably rather read a discussion about what makes a MUD newbie-friendly or not, even if the discussion began with a discussion of a specific MUD (Carrion Fields, etc.), rather than a vague, general case.

In short, if you're looking to improve the flow of ideas here, Amnon, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote