View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 11:10 AM   #39
Steiner

Steiner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Steiner
Lightbulb

I read this thread backwards, since the flaming on the last page was so much fun, I slowly worked my way to the actual POINT.

Threshold, call it what you want, but focussing on the hosting of AT's website is kind of sad. Why don't you go insult his car, and tell him that makes him worthless to the MUD community.

I usually don't really get involved in these types of posts, simply because I dont have the time anymore, and dont want to deal with ego vs. ego. However in this case, it directly affects me, since not only has AT been very helpful to me, but I myself am a game director.

You know how much experience I have creating a game? Little to none. Does that completely destroy my credibility when I have an opinion on something? I'm working my hardest to collect staff, resources, ideas, and support. It doesn't take 10+ years experience to do that. Will I make mistakes? Sure. But I AM entitled to my opinion, and it shouldn't be flushed down the toilet. The same applies to AT who has MUCH more experience than the average MUDder.

IF you have an opinion on his website hosting, on his experience, or on his opinions, it's usually NOT helping the Advanced MUD Concept board. Thats where being an adult, or at least being a mature human being comes into play. Calling it "geo****ties" reflects the fact that you can't keep your opinion in a moderate tone, and show a certain amount of a decency or respect to the person posting.

Try and treat the person who starts posts like this, or any posts in the forum, as if they are standing on a stage in front of a large crowd of people, which isn't that far from truth in a way. You wouldn't yell "You idiot! Look at that yellow tie! Im not listening to anything you say." The same applies here. Ask questions that will be productive, make suggestions, even point out things that might be problematic or you disagree with. But going to attack a person that makes the post outright, is not only immaturely idiotic, but doesn't serve to improve anything.

This might have been just a bit off topic, and for that I apologize. Unfortunately, things like this have to be addressed if this is going to be a productive forum, and not just a flaming attack free-for-all.
Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote