View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 04:44 PM   #8
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Is that conjecture or have you proof of that? (And "everybody knows they did it" is not a valid indictment.) I don't have an opinion one way or another, as I've not seen the code or ever logged in, but if they have been profiting illegally from stolen IP, it would seem that either nobody actually has any proof or the license holders don't consider it worthwhile to sue. That's really no different from the numerous muds on here that are blatantly ripping off other people's licenses (whether they make money off it is irrelevant.). Dragonball Z, for instance.

Now, I know that if I was the DIKU license holder and I had evidence that someone was making money off the work I had generously released for free, I'd have a lawyer on them asap. If it's as clear-cut a violation as you say, it'd be easy to shut them down and suck some money out of them at the same time.

I'm not defending Medievia, as I don't know anything about them, but I, at least, would be interested to see proof. I'd consider helping fund a lawsuit against them if it is a clear-cut case. I detest people who steal other people's intellectual property.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote