View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
Aloysius

Home MUD: Dark Tower - farseek.com 4550
Aloysius is on a distinguished road
I'm not aware of too many muds out there that are well-steeped in the genre you're looking for.  Those that follow the "past meets future" theme are either really vague about it or very strict on roleplaying.

I was an admin on a mud several years back that took this concept pretty far - even to the extent where a sort of "border" existed on the world.  On one side of this, futuristic technologies existed and the other side was mired in a historical/fantasy setting.  In between, there was a sort of "flux" or crossover space where magic and technology may or may not work depending on various factors.  Unfortunately the mud no longer exists, like many muds.

The mud I admin for now has explored this idea to some extent.  The main theme is based on Norse and Celtic myths, but we are also implementing a concept from Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series - that ancient ways have been displaced by technology perhaps brought on by unknown overlaps with other realms... that the "world has moved on" as King puts it.  The mud takes a lot of its development from player input and isn't too strict on roleplaying (though it is encouraged but not enforced).

-Aloysius D'Abetot
Dark Tower

Aloysius is offline   Reply With Quote