View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #23
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: What do you think happened to LPmuds?

Yeah, those numbers sound about as low as I feared (though I got a kick out of the "mycrappymud" and "Pussy Planet" mud entries on that list). I remember 10+ years ago I hooked up to one of the intermuds and there were many hundreds of LPmuds on it. And usually, half the admins were slagging Descartes for something.

Errr...... Isn't the whole point of a discussion forum to DISCUSS things? If I already knew the answer with absolute certainty then I wouldn't have bothered with the thread. Seriously, I have to wonder why you are even bothering to post in this thread if you are just being contrary for the sake of being contrary, and don't even seem to have the slightest interest in the actual topic.

Every single person that ever lived in the universe could come to this thread, read it, post their honest opinion, and we STILL wouldn't know "for sure" why LPmuds tapered off in popularity. But that doesn't mean a discussion of "why" is not interesting and valuable. If it didn't interest people, they wouldn't be posting.

Last edited by Threshold : 04-09-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote