View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
Mauk

Mauk is on a distinguished road
Sort of a LFM thread.

Hi guys and girls.

New forum user here. Have been abcent from the mud world for around 15-16 years. The plan is to get back!
My fondest and most vivid memories from computer gaming are from back then. I still have clear pictures from the worlds and the people i played with.
Now to the point.
I've been scanning this site and mudconnect looking for a mud that suits me. As my time infront of the computer is strictly limited and the life with two small children leads to quick disconnects, hence I need something pretty casual.
I don't mind a bit of hack'n'slash but I would like a world that's rp encouraged. I liked to to roleplay back then and still does. But i do not have the time for only getting xp from rp events and such.
A huge active playerbase is not a req, but a few online (~10) all the time is prefered.

So I looked at the top lists and tried BatMud first, didn't really get into it.
Or no first I tried to create a char in DartMud as it seeemed different, but i get no registration mail and response from the "gripe" function.
Then I choose between Materia Magica/Aardwolf and took MM first.
Thats where I am, been running around the newbie area for a few hours and it seems ok. But there's really no WOW (as in "My goodness how nice this feels" not World of Warcraft) feeling. But it has a lot of the components i'm looking for so I might stick to it.

Can someone explain the differences between MM and Aardwolf?

Maybe there's another Mud i'd like if i tried, please let me know in that case.
Yeah almost forgot, then back in the time i only played 2 muds. Each maybe 2 years. One of 'em only had 3 races, werewolves, vampires and dragons. And the thing I remember I really liked was it's levelless system. You just boght hp/skills and such (don't remember the details) for the exp you earned. So there was no real limit how powerful you could be. So I would really like to try a new Mud with a leveless system.

Sorry for the rant and please tell me if I don't make sense and need to clear things up.
Regards
Mauk
Mauk is offline   Reply With Quote