View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #17
Jaewyn

Jaewyn is on a distinguished road
I think this is an excellent analogy, tell them how they can use what is in the game and let them build their own strategies.  If your game is well enough balanced, varied strategies will produce similar results.  

For example, I once used a Drow Cleric, not exactly what you would call the best of fighting classes, as a formidable PKer.  Rather than go for how much damage my player could cause, I used the strategy of protecting my character with every protection spell under the sun and had the ability heal myself, my aim was to wear the other player down.  Not your typical type of PKer but it was reasonably successful.  This mud gave you all the stats of everything, most people of course opted to make "powerful" characters, I thought I'd try something a little different and surprised quite a few people by taking down some of the so-called "powerful" characters.

I think the same can be said for RP muds, give players the option to use the formulas if they want.  If the mud is well balanced, I don't think it will matter.
Jaewyn is offline   Reply With Quote