View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Searching for my next mud

Here's how NW stacks up.

Requirements:

- Level based (Don't mind grinding)
Yes there are levels and skills.

- Fun and encouraged grouping and group skills
Yes, group adventuring is HIGHLY encouraged and rewarded, from caravans to exploring, from fighting ten orcs, to mighty dragons. The guilds in the game are created to warrant a good mix of group adventuring like you would see in D&D.

- Group quests ect
All quests are integrated into the game so as you find out about them in your exploring versus in some drop down list. So quests can be handled singly or in groups and harder quests require groups.

- Pk (Open pk. Hunting ect.)
Yes there is pk the only stipulation is that you have roleplay reasons to pk. We do not allow people to run around pking other players just because they think they can. (I say think because everything is roleplay integrated and you may or may not know how powerful your opponant is without being around them for some time.

- A consistant and online Pbase
Yes. Ranges from 60 to 100 constantly.

- I've played a rom based mud for about 10 years now, so I guess rom based preferred.
Our creation and playing system is very user friendly and enjoyable. Create a character and see for yourself.

- No power hungry immortals
There are no immortals in this game. Only Administration, Staff, and Guides to help new players.

- Questing
Yes, as described above.

- Large-ish map, plenty of exploring
There is a global map on the website and smaller map in game, but so far no player has seen every area and we've been publically open for over 4 years.

- (might be a long shot but some muds have it) Random eq drops
You will find this, but it is all roleplaying and in game integrated. So, you'd have to find out for yourself in the game how this works.

Based on many of the answers here you may have noticed that NW is a roleplaying game, which it is. We require players to stay in character at all times except on non character channels and in non character areas (places in the game wehre you can talk normally about things). Because of this you will find a fully immersed and integrated experience while enjoying the excitement of character development, combat, and leveling.

While promoting NW, I would also recommend that you try two of the other MUDS that have given responses here, namely Threshold and 4 Dimensions.

Good Luck!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote