View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 09:13 AM   #7
jornel

jornel is on a distinguished road
Hrmm... I can see from the poll results that I hold the minority opinion here.  I agree with Emit, that full looting by another player is totally discouraging, and one is only made to feel worse if it is the policy on the mud itself.

On our mud their is no pkilling or plooting at all (by players).  This does not mean a totally risk-free environment.  There IS limited looting from mobs (who DON'T grab your goods and then suddenly log out), and we do make use of infamous equipment-munching death traps.

We find that players take these types of losses in stride; but once they learn where a death trap is, they are not likely to be surprised if they choose to repeat the experience! (You cannot say the same thing if you play on a mud which allows the same higher level obnoxious player to keep pkilling you).

Often other players will offer consolation gifts to the victim; this helps to promote the 'we (players) together against the game' type of cameraderie which we believe attracts and retains the types of players we like to see.

Let the pkill-addicts play elsewhere, there are no shortage of muds out there for them!

Just my two bits...
jornel is offline   Reply With Quote