View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Just noticed an interesting trend, not necessarily new but seemingly more pronounced of late, of MUDs advertising themselves with their supposed age in the title or right up front in their advertisement (not just here but on TMC as well).

Now, interestingly, some of these MUDs seem to be so full of stock and unfinished features that if they've really been open as long as they claim, they must only add one non-stock feature per year or else they quit after fifteen minutes of modification years ago.

Does it really matter if some MUD has been running for ten years?  Does it really add to their reputation and not detract from it, especially when they advertise "new" features that are about as commonplace as the password prompt?

Honestly, when I skim over a website of a MUD that claims to have been in operation for fifteen years and find that even I, with my extremely sub-par web-building skills, could pull off better it's not exagerrating to say I'm not impressed.

Just wondered what others' thoughts were and if the observation was just mine alone.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote