View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
On the other hand, he does have a slight point. Ages of Despair has been around close to five years and has suffered numerous calamities, not the least of which being that some of the current staff (most of the entire prior on retired en mass), thinks it never, until recently, should have been considered stable enough to leave Beta. A lot of the QC standards, bug fixes, adding of commands, deglitching of others, balancing of guilds, balancing of races, writing of a cohesive history (the last two of those 'still' not completed or even partly implimented), have all been in the last.. two years I guess, and only after the entire staff was basically replaced and the mud had been down for close to six months, do to priority issues with the college that had hosted it considering it so low priority it took most of that time to just let someone get to the physical machine, so it could be moved someplace else.

So.. Are we official 5+ years old or 2+? Depends, in some ways we are still working out Beta issues that 'should' have been fixed long ago, but 'most' of the glitches are fixed, with the only things not tending to be minor, or involve redesign of entire guilds, etc., while new areas, tested, spell cheacked, etc. under the new QC rules, are being added as they get finished, and there bugs being fixed 'when found', instead of ignored for years, like some had been in the past.

The age of a mud is meaningless if it says nothing about the quality. I really don't know if I would have considered the idea of placing the age of AOD on an ad to be a 'good thing' two years ago. It might be a good idea now, but it might also be appropriate to list it as 4 years (or how ever many it really has been) in beta and '2' in post-beta. Some others out there might not even qualify for that, making any 'age' seriously misleading.
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote