Thread: A Picky Mudder
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
blackr3per

blackr3per is on a distinguished road
A Picky Mudder

The title, as you will soon come to understand, is a description of me and the very demanding criteria I am asking you before giving me your MUD Recommendations. I really appreciate the recommendations, but at this point I am looking for something very specific, or as near to what I have specified. Yes, I am looking for a MUD, but not just any old Mud.

I have an idea of what I want, but no amount of Google searching and forum hunting has yet to reward me with my white whale. However, with your help I hope to find it.

I am looking for a Fantasy/medieval RPI MUD that has the following things:

an optional PK mode
and
Permanent Death

Let me Explain:

I want to be able to make a character that I can engage in RP with and invest weeks, months (maybe even years ( I am trying to think long-term) in, but at the same time, I want there to be real danger; it is frustrating to join a MUD where death to a mob or player is trivial (not to mention it breaks the immersion to know that this "real" person got killed by a monster, yet somehow survives this death and continues to RP within the MUD as if nothing had happened).

However, even with the threat of perm death, I like to have the option to fight, but not just with Mobs. I want to be able to lay it all on the line and have a spontaneous battle with another who is also willing to Lay it All On the Line, especially if we have an RP reason for it (i.e our species are at war o we belong to enemy camps, or I am the clean leader and killing me off will result in a successful coup within the clan..etc)

Your help would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you

Edit: I brought up the Medieval and Fantasy genre, but only as an example. I am willing to try any RPI that matches what I have above.

Last edited by blackr3per : 02-08-2013 at 03:56 PM.
blackr3per is offline   Reply With Quote