Thread: Permadeath
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 01:49 PM   #8
Muerte

Muerte is on a distinguished road
Talking

Ok, to clear things up from the other posts I have made. These are the D&D rules on death/life.

Raise Dead - 5th level cleric spell - Up to 1 day per level of the caster. Requires whole body and anything missing will be missing on live person (This was stated by someone)

Reincarnation - 4th level druid spell - Up to 1 week. Change form so lose old racial changes and gain new ones. If form is that of an animal it is considered a magical beats, and can communicate/talk BUT if it's a creature without hands and it was a mage it can't cast spells that require hands. A WISH may restore you to normal body.

Resurrection - 7th level cleric spell - Up to 10 years per level of the caster. DOES require a SMALL part of the body, even a hair can be used for resurrection.

For all of the above (by 3ed rules). You do only lose a level of exp, unless you are first level. Then you lose 1 point of constitution permanently (I was wrong about this before). Also, the soul (character) has to approve to be restored by the caster or not (could be conflict of deity).

So virtually if you can afford it, you can live for quite a long time. As you odn't lose constitution unless you're dropped all the way down. <==== This i have to look into, maybe go with the old "lose a con every res" rule.
Muerte is offline   Reply With Quote