Old 11-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #48
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Re: The mud client poll

Well I chose MUSH. My first few muds had their own clients (Darkness Falls on AOL and Gemstone/Dragonrealms)

Later I think I moved to Threshold who supported cMud - I think. Soon after a tried several other clients. I played a game where macros and scripts were needed for the boring stuff (the grind) in between the fun stuff (the RP), so I tried Zmud like everyone else had. I found it a little too much for me at the time. Plus, as a broke teen I didn't want to pay.

I moved to MUSHClient after a long time and I've never looked back. Back in the day, I never paid for it, but now that I actually have income coming in, I'd like to donate. It's a great client and infact, it is one of the reasons I started to like programming. After trying to figure out how to make scripts for Lusternia in Lua, I became curious and started learning more.

Also, I like that you can be in several different worlds at once without opening several clients. Its a godsend when playing two slow moving MUSHes.

Also, I've read the MUSHClient is pretty fast. When dealing with combat in the IRE games, it seems that the speed of the client pays a big difference. I wouldn't know from personal experience as my scripts were just for bashing and (trying to) keep my characters alive if I should happen into to combat by accident.

Anyway, MUSHclient is the best!
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote