Thread: New MUD Idea
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 10:52 PM   #1
Letum

Letum is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hello-

I have an idea for a MUD that I would find extremely interesting. It would be based on the "Hornblower" book saga by C.S. Forestor, and therefore would be based on the "Channell War" between England, Spain, Revolutionary France, and Monarchist France.

Characters in the MUD would start on one of the country's ships as a "Midshipman", and try to work their way up to being an "Admiral". The game would include sea and land areas, and battles would be fought between the ships on the sea. I expect this game will have to be pretty advanced, so that each country has to export their own food, and must use one of their ships to do it. They must also perform other advanced functions such as transporting diplomats and calculating money to run the ships. Each player would have a vital role in the game, from the "Grand Admiral of the Fleet's" to each individual "Midshipman". This would be because it takes every last man to run each ship, and each ship must run smoothly for the country's war efforts to work. I think the game may end and start anew when one country wins the war. (I.E. all other non-allied country's surrender to the one country, or one country and allies become in governmental control of every other country).

Tell me what you think of the idea,

Letum
Letum is offline   Reply With Quote