View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: I am a role-playing snob.. shoot me

Excellent article. I was one of the people who preordered, and absolutly loved all the inovations of the game brought... simple things like being able to allocate priorities for bags for which one loot goes into... public quests, and the rather smashing witch hunter..

But 15 days in... I just lost interest.. and not sure why.. it had so much going for it, seemed relativly bug free.. I was actually enjoying the PvP which is unusual for me... but 15 days of my free subsciption just went unused, took a few months off, then went back to playing WoW casually.

Rerolled a horde character (first one) on a new realm.. still not reached level 80 with him, but mainly because I am still loving all the classic and BC content all over again... I think its becuase WoW is so HUGE, and highly polished.

I suspect AION will pretty much go the same way... there is, all said and done a limited MMO population... yes its numbered in millions, but it still has a fininte number... when new people flock to Aion for the newness... they will meet the invisible walls, experience the dodgy flying, experience what GRIND is really all about. Asian developed MMO's take grinding to a whole new level... imagine the Cenarion Circle bug killing quests in Sillithus... 60 of this, 60 of that.. imagaine that as a standard.. and you have Asians MMO's. Aion from what I hear is all about end-game... but to get there is not by any means a smooth ride...

Yes, I am going off hearsay.. I suspct AION is brilliant.. i just dont know, but I for one will not make the mistake of preordering a new game again... except maybe Star Trek :-)

Sorry.. I waffled again didnt I :-D
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote