View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
Auroness48

Re: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

I started with the GOTY edition on the PS3 when it came out, and we are going to be buying a decent PC soon just to run games, especially the mods for Oblivion. I can't even remember all of the characters I've had, but I've easily put in a thousand hours or more.

I agree the KOTN is an easy quest, but since it takes so little thought, it is a good one to jump into when I just want to kill things, but not really work at it. I can usually do it in under 3 hours, which makes it a good project for a weekend.

Thieves Guild is almost as easy, until that last quest. That is my favorite one.

I'm not into the dark and depressing story lines usually, so I skip the Brotherhood quest most of the time. Still, it is very interesting and much more complicated than the base thieve quest.

Mages Guild was fun the first time, but really, it is just hoops to jump through until I can get access to the tower. After I get access, I move on to other quests.

Arena Champion is one I need to go back and try again. I did it the first time, just to get Adoring Fan, so I could torment him. Maybe a new Orc who actually goes back and fights the battles that are available after he becomes champion.

Someday, I am going to close all of those gates....I wonder if anyone actually has done that?

Considering that the only RPGs I had played prior to this were Final Fantasy, it was a huge change. I can ignore some of the poor dialog, just so I can wander anywhere I want!

When I'm not playing Oblivion, Fallout3 is my other addiction.