Thread: Decision tree
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
Aeran

Aeran is on a distinguished road
Decision tree

I have been playing around a little with decision trees. I entered MUD data into a decision tree maker algorithm. I used examples from 43 MUD entries here at TopMUDSites, and got the following tree from it:

The attributes used were codebase, worldsize, originality, pking, roleplay, theme. The question for the tree to answer is if the MUD is likely to have more than 100 players(true).

For example it states that if the worldSize is gigantic, and the codebase is rom where rp is accepted then from the data it concludes that the MUD has more than 100 players.

In some cases it has detected conflicting examples. They have the same attributes but not the came conclusion. To resolve that issue it use statistics.

The tree also shows some interesting patterns. For example that it is more unlikely the game has >100 players if there's unrestricted pking, but also mandatory rp seem to indicate less players.

What does everyone think? Does the tree portray the successful MUDs properly? Is there any interesting pattern in it, and is it true or just random luck?
Aeran is offline   Reply With Quote