View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
Hrm. I seem to be lacking the cognitive ability to communicate my thoughts properly. For this I apologize.

Quote Dragon master:
Cool Skills, and Cool abilities, new races, new classes, are not what I would term gameplay additions. They are Gameworld, themed additions to the game. They usually do not extend the gameplay beyond any other derivative MUD. I seem to have made a bigger deal about the detail in gameworld focused muds, then I probably should have. Perhaps, I should have said something along the lines of:

In a MUD where the gameworld interaction is more paramount, the code focuses on providing more intriguing Gameworld content.

In a MUD where Game where gameplay is more important, the code focuses on providing a more detailed interaction with game elements.

Quote Molly:
I hadn't considered this option. Interesting insight.

I agree. The couple of times I tried to work with other people on their MUD's, well the lot of times that I did, I didn't get the respect for my thoughts on the process of developing the code to meet the needs of the game. And so my interest in the project lapsed.
I agree again, that there should be many avenues of progress or entertainment in a game to make it successful, and even fun to play.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote