View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #17
Jherlen

Jherlen is on a distinguished road
Re: When do you stop reading?

For Armageddon, I can answer some of these:

Backgrounds in initial applications are limited to 2,000 characters. I think this is mainly to encourage characters to describe their concepts concisely and keep it to relevant information about the character, to help staff reviewing the apps. However, characters can expand on their background, history, experiences, personality, etc with biography entries, which are essentially an extended background. The limit to a biography entry is set at 16,384 characters and you can have as many as you want (I've heard of characters with over 70 entries, ranging from a paragraph or so to entire short stories.)

You can add biographies at any time. I'm not sure how staff check for updates.

In the past, I've had staff create NPCs out of virtual characters I created related to my PC, or have staff-animated characters refer to events in my character's background, so I know this is done. How frequently probably varies from staffer to staffer.

It sounds like you're essentially describing a "think" command, which Armageddon and most (dare I use the evil term?) RP muds have. It doesn't echo to other players at all (I'm not sure why it would?)
Jherlen is offline   Reply With Quote