View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #49
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Dealing with RP Attention Hogs

Yes that's it exactly. Well almost exactly, but you're seeing my point (and agreeing with it, I get that!).

There's "player really wants to fit in and isn't aware of their own behavior"
There's "player is intentionally trying to be disruptive just for the sake of being disruptive"

and...

Theres "player is intentionally trying to be disruptive because until that moment, the scene was about someone else, and they feel the attention should be on them. And they do this every time there's a scene that's about someone else."

That last one - that's the one I'm talking about.

The first one, is easily fixed with a quick polite, helpful, gentle OOC from either players or the staff.

The second is readily resolved by players reporting complaints to the staff, who then tell the offending party to cease and desist.

The third - that's the one that's hard to resolve, because ICly, *technically* nothing is going on that requires IC resolution. OOCly, the player isn't breaking any specific rules, but they are breaking the -spirit- of the rules, which is - no, this isn't a turn-based mush, it's just a normal roleplay environment. However, please give other people a chance to roleplay, and don't demand that the game must always be about you and your character. It's OKAY to be just a participant on the sidelines, you don't always have to be the star.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote