View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #31
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: RPI, RPE, and Roleplay

Wade was going to just let the old rpimud.com site shut down so I offered to continue paying the cost (it only costs me $84 a year and that total may actually go down considerably depending on the decisions of some upcoming discussions by the Operating Committee). As I am a polarizing figure, I did not want the site to come under claims of "bias" so I decided I would not run the site alone. I asked a number of prominent members of the site as well as members of Wade's existing team if they'd like to come on in the form of a committee to manage the site. Some didn't reply, some didn't have the time. Over time, some of the others found that they no longer had time due to other projects, life, etc. From the original four people on the committee, I'm the only one left. However, as each left, others came forward interested in volunteering to help. In 2008, with a total of five us, we established a formal charter organizing the site administration in the form of the Operating Committee with detailed protocols as to how we'd operate the site. This was done so that there was a clear, standardized operation of the site without preferential treatment for any particular game or type of game. To that end, we also changed the name from The RPIMUD Network to The RPMUD Network in order to be more inclusive, as the focus of the site was any role-play enforced game, not just RPIs. The Charter also established that there would be three seats, voted upon by the games who chose to participate. As we were starting out, we confined balloting last year to only those sites that were already listed on the old rpimud.com site. Hopefully we'll have contact information for all 300+ RPEs in time to send out the ballots this year.

And for the record, I'm happy to discontinue paying the costs if others would step up to volunteer the funding. As thus far no one has, I've been left with no alternative but to continue paying even though it is a drain on my wallet of money that I'd love to spend elsewhere.

You keep attributing ideas, motives and even words to me that I don't use. Maybe you're a selfish, deceitful person but not everyone is. Puke all you want; some day you'll realize it's your own distasteful qualities that you're coughing up.

Last edited by prof1515 : 09-20-2009 at 06:09 AM.
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote