View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #20
DarkOzma

Home MUD: Dragonball Evolution
DarkOzma is on a distinguished road
Re: MUDs Don't Have To Die

I love seeing posts like this, it always creates a perfect opportunity for me to talk about DBE and brag about how big our playerbase is, especially for a DBZ MUD. DBE has a 15-30 player average at all times with 40+ at peak hours. The reason DBE has so many players and has retained those players over 12 years is because of the same reason Achaea has a large steady playerbase. I don't just sit around and nazi my players all day long, I actually build, code and host events almost everyday. My other admins do the same but much less than I do hehe but I make up for their slack easily. Players on DBE always talk about how they enjoy the constant updates, DBE even gets people who have no clue what DBZ is but they play DBE because all the other MUDs they played with their friends were stale and lacked any active admins.

You could have the most badass MUD in the world but if you don't update it and keep an active staff, no one will care about your prized MUD. I'll never forget all the haters who told me DBE would never get a steady playerbase and DBE would never have more than 10 players online or how DBE would shutdown in a year or so. Now all the DBE haters are sitting in their dead MUDs wishing newbies would sign on but they don't because they're probably playing DBE or some other MUD with admins who care and enjoy MUDding. Honestly, most people have no business being a MUD owner or builder, they're usually in it for the power control and ego boost.

I may as well take the time to say this month is DBE's 12 anniversary. 8 more years to go and I've reached my goal of keeping DBE open for 20 years and that's just the start.
DarkOzma is offline   Reply With Quote