View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 AM   #7
Emil

Emil is on a distinguished road
Re: Voting period change - opinions requested.

It looks to me like most posters misunderstood your initial question to mean how often people could vote, instead of how often the list would reset. I certainly was confused myself.
Possibly this affected the poll too, so maybe you should consider restarting that.

As for how often the list should reset, I see no real reason to change the current system at all, but if you have to do it, I think a monthly reset is preferrable to a weekly, particularly for the smaller games.

What I would like to discuss however is the period between which you can cast your votes, which I believe is 12 hours exactly now, meaning that if you choose to vote twice a day, you cannot do so at a fixed time of day, since to make sure that the vote will count, the voting time will move forward a couple of minutes each time. I have asked before how the period between allowed votes is calculated, whether it is 12 hours exactly, or whether there is a period of slack, so that the vote still would count if you happen to click the button five minutes early.

Most people, like myself, would prefer to vote at a fixed time each day, since that is easier to remember. So if you feel a need to change anything, a more appreciated change would be to set the period between votes to either 11 hours or 23 hours, to allow for this. (Preferably the latter)
Emil is offline   Reply With Quote