View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 11:23 PM   #18
Seraphina

Seraphina is on a distinguished road
Thank you very much for your answer Synozeer, much appreciated.

To any admins concerned about the ethical or game philosophy aspect of offering rewards for voting I think if you put your minds to it you can come up with an incentive that will not affect game balance or be jarringly OOC.

Over at the game I play I have suggested a monthly drawing. Each vote would count as a ticket or a chance to win. The prize could be getting to play a part in a GM led event. Because DR has so many players, participating directly in an event with GM played characters is by chance, right place right time.

I also suggested that an item, not uber-weapon, or an alteration of an item could be a prize. Within DR we have a huge variety of items to choose from but alterations are highly prized to further individualize one's "look". Again alterations are usually by chance, right place right time.

I prefer the idea of a drawing rather than a per vote or most votes reward. I have no idea if DR will adopt this or any other incentive program because I am just a player.

Mud coders are very creative people. I think if you brainstorm on what sort of reward you could offer that would not conflict with the philosophy of your particular game yet still offer a "thank you" to players you could dream up something appropriate.

A chance to win something for voting doesn't seem to be too radical an incentive to me.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote