View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

Mason says: Actually, yes, I did. I wrote that neither of the parties directly involved in this incident - the attacker and the victim - protested.

Had she protested - and, for the record, the *player* was a male, in the guise of a female, which is quite common in the MUDing world - we would have stepped in and given greater consideration.

That's why I call for admin involvement and discussions before such an act takes place. I don't want to forbid it, because I find it hypocritical to condemn that while not condemning other forms of violence.

If a player tells me privately OOCly that such a thing has happened to them IRL and it would cause them incredible emotional harm, then, yes, I should give that consideration. That's the entire point of requiring admin involvement.

One other thing I'll note: Unlike many games, where killing someone is as simple as hitting the fastest macro, you can neither kill, bludgeon, rape or coerce someone to do anything against their will with a macro or coded system on OtherSpace. We take seriously the investment people make in their characters, and we tend to make it difficult for anyone to do anything harmful on a whim. This cuts down significantly on twinks and it also cuts down significantly on these incidents.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote