View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 07:47 PM   #12
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
The problem with the situation (to the original poster of the thread) is that there's no way to assess future loss. An admin has no way of knowing that a person wouldn't have left the game ANYWAY. And I doubt any court of law would give credence to such a case for that reason alone.

A dozen people could all say "If this guy doesn't get site-banned I'm quitting!" and then quit. But if I was a defendant, I would go out of my way to find even the tiniest bit of information that would lead a judge to wonder if these 12 people might have had other reasons in *addition* to this griefer to leave. Things like changes to the game, changes to the staff, deaths of their friends' characters, deaths of their own characters, introduction of a new skill they could've had if they picked another profession when they started out, introduction of a new hunting area with interesting things that they are too high-leveled to hunt, etc. etc. etc.

And then I'd make a point of laying out each and every one of these things and suggest that these 12 people had ample reason to leave, even if the griefer had never existed.

And then the case would end, and the company would be SOL.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote