View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Kitriana

Home MUD: genesismud.org 3011
Kitriana is on a distinguished road
Re: Why Do So Many Women Play Threshold RPG?

As a woman mud player and RPer -- I would concur with most of what Threshold SnowTroll wrote.
I'd say generally as a gender, we're much more social in our game play and will look for environments where we feel safe and can express ourselves. I'd say this is a nice sum up and a good portion of why I stick around Genesis.

*Feeling safe from harassment
*Roleplay
*Customization and creativity

But I'd also add a few more -

Despite the fact that I know a lot of the female characters are being played by males -- there are quite a few female players about. Its nice knowing I have that comraderie of playing with more than a bunch of guys. No offense to you guys .. some of my greatest friends are guys. But there is a special bond girls have with each other. This one is tough to build unless you already have some type of female base since its that "chicken or egg" type thing on which comes first.

Genesis historically having wizards or guild leaders shows that the game values the contributions of both genders not just as players but in building the game as well. Plus, lets face it .. men and women are different.. and so they end up coding, creating and contributing in different ways. Its nice to be valued in your environment.

*Female friendships
*Female leadership
Kitriana is offline   Reply With Quote