View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 02:53 AM   #17
Dre

Dre is on a distinguished road
Personally I think Yuki made a good point when he said:

To continue on this: If you code for a mud, you can do so in your texteditor and keep backups of your work etc. Same goes for areas, you hand them your area, but you keep a copy for yourself. If they have changed your code and areas then I guess it won't be a problem to use it in other projects you are going to undertake.

But even if you didn't keep the stuff you have written (you did it all on the server?) then you still have gained a lot of experience doing it and will do so faster and most likely better next time.

As an admin as well as a coder, I personally think that everything you make for the mud as a builder/coder will be the mud's property (it won't be "mine" cause I am an admin) and will be changed in anyway for the mud's sake. If this clashes with the author then it can be discussed, but in the end I am the admin and I'll decide what happens to it. As long as this is clear from the start I don't think a disgruntled coder/builder has any right to claim so otherwise.

I guess in this matter you were badly treated, and if they continue to do so the mud will fail horribly (if not already) and you'll have your revenge after all.

Good luck on your endeavours.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote