View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 01:23 PM   #9
Jasmyn

Jasmyn is on a distinguished road
I think the thing to remember here is that even if they are cheating, what have they gained? Their player base is still 12 so it would seem obvious those connecting to the game probably think they are cheating also and promptly leave.

There is no shame in having a smaller game, in fact, there are some truly wonderful good things such as the lack of politics we see in the larger muds. Smaller games are often are more like family and players end up being great friends off game as well.

The simple fact is, if a mud feels the need to lie, cheat, and steal its players, it is most likely lacking in the areas of importance. Players are (by and large) smart enough to see around gimmicks like that. And I know that personally, there is nothing I detest more than a mud who blatantly misrepresents themselves with tricks like "Over 30 races!" and upon logging in you find out that 20 of them have been disabled.

Yes, I work on a smaller mud...but Im damn proud of the work I've done on it and for it. It may not be in the top 10 or Mud of Month right now, but players will come and the player base will build and it will all be done honestly. If it takes a year or more that's fine, because I want the type of player on my game that sees past these type of things, and would never condone cheating.

Just my two cents,

Jasmyn
Jasmyn is offline   Reply With Quote