View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
Greenstorm

Greenstorm is on a distinguished road
I often find, especially when I'm playing multiple characters at once, that it helps me to turn the music -off-. If the scene is complex and I need to concentrate, I find it's either distracting or that the music changes mood just when I dont want it to.

OTOH, my angsty teenage characters get angsty rock/alternative music, my refined sad noblewomen get the same, my guys are better with the music off, Canon in D is for when I need to be happier or more upbeat, and the soundtrack from Kung Fu Hustle when I need high-energy.

I listen to a lot of oldies, just in general.

As for other mood-setters, a little trick is to match the password to the character, so I might have a charatcer with the password: arrogantbitch, or sweetinnocent. Just typing it in reminds me of something very core to the character.

Reading the room descriptions helps to get me in the mood, I know you're supposed to do it anyhow, but even if it's a room I'm familiar with it helps. Chia has a weather and time system, so I look those up and try and add an audio track in my head. In fact, I concentrate on any any visual or auditory stuff when I can't quite grasp my character.

I usually forget to eat during roleplay, so eating before's always a good idea for me.
Greenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote