View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: LFM : Daily job?

This one might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I've been suggesting it in a few other TMS forum threads. Echoes of Albion () is an RPI (a little more intensive in the roleplaying department than New Worlds), that is set primarily in a Celtic village where everybody works. I don't think there are officially coded "jobs" there, but whatever skills your character has, it's pretty expected that you'll do them and trade whatever you gather or produce to someone else for other things you need. If you want to stay fed, it's a good idea to keep busy. If you're a laborer like a farmer, hunter, or lumberjack, you'll be spending a lot of time growing or gathering whatever it is you do. If you're a craftsman like a blacksmith or a carpenter, or a cook or tailor (primarily female roles), you'll be hitting people up for those raw materials and making things that other people want.

So in the loosest sense, the mud has a "job" system, but it's rp supported more than code supported. It's a fairly "simple" mud as far as commands go, I guess, except it takes a little doing to learn all of the intricacies of the emote system, and to sort through all of the craft lists and figure out exactly what you need to do what and how to get it. Once you do, it's really awesome.

Don't discount New Worlds entirely, though. It's got a good thing going, and a good sized playerbase. Most of the people there will tell you that the term "job" is really subjective. If you're creative, you can turn nearly anything people will pay for into a job. There just aren't any automated things where the mud pays you for entering commands there. If you really like the feel of completing tasks for money, maybe try out a mud with an automated quest system, a little like what Aardwolf does. Kill this thing or retrieve this thing, come back, and get money.

Last edited by SnowTroll : 04-14-2011 at 12:51 PM.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote